About the Steve O Zone


Wednesday, July 27, 2011

20 Things About Me You May Not Know...

So there I was, minding my own damn business when my "friend" Dan Perez shares a link with me.

I use quotes around the word "friend" because as Dan puts it himself we are online friends and they don't really count, right Dan? I kid but Dan knows what I mean and I surely hope to meet and break bread with Mr. Perez in real life some day, maybe when I grow up... which will never happen, sorry Dan.

Anyway, the link shared Dan with me was titled Quid Pro Quo: 20 Things You Probably Didn’t Know About Me and in his post Dan shares, duh, 20 things people probably didn't know about him. His inspiration for his post came via Amber Naslund who had posted on her blog “What I Wish More People Knew About Me”.

Now in his own post Dan tries, TRIES not be corny, as he refers to it but the part about his wife and his unabashed love and devotion to her is corny as hell and I loved every minute of it and I think more of him now AFTER reading the post, which says a lot caused I liked the guy to begin with.

I told Dan I would scribe my own list of things unknown to others about me, although I am not sure I can get to nor want to get to 20 but nevertheless I told him I would so here goes nothing...

1. When I was younger, I used to be incredibly shy; painfully shy; in-need-of-therapy shy; was a very keep-to-myself kind of person. When I tell people that today, they cannot believe it, seeing how you can't shut me up, but I tell people if it were not for...

2. My Rock, my wife Terri I may very well still be living in my parents' basement, even despite the fact that my father has passed away and my mother doesn't even live in the same house any more; everything and I mean EVERYTHING that I am or will ever be is a result of her coming into my life (Sorry Dan, you told me not to be corny)

3. I have zero tolerance for people who make excuses and, like Dan, for stupid people; would throw in rude, obnoxious and greedy people, too

4. I am the youngest of 6 - 5 boys/1 girl; we grew up in a row home in NE Philly with 3 bedrooms; one for my parents, one for my sister and one for the rest of us; yes, 5 boys in one bedroom; I had a blast...

5. I am a huge sports fan; growing up with 4 older brothers like I had a choice; hell my sister knows more about sports than a lot of guys I know

6. I come from a long line of former & current supermarket workers, many of whom (myself included) met their spouse at where else? a supermarket...

7. My father was almost in the FBI... almost. If he had joined them (the FBI as he was recruited to do) after WWII, who knows where I would be today. I often wonder What If?

8. I have retained more useless knowledge (trivia) than you can possibly imagine; my whole family is like this...

9. I am so bad I actually co-wrote a TV/Movie trivia book with a few friends of mine years back. I am so bad I will often infuse movie quotes into my day-to-day conversations wherever I see fit... "What do you wanna discuss now? My favorite color?"

10. I have an incredibly varied taste in music; I like everything from Motown to Sinatra to Hall & Oates to Bruce to Disco to even some music actually made in the past 25 years... :)

11. My favorite movie of all time is Close Encounters of the Third Kind

12. I drink waaay too much coffee...

13. I have learned one of the hardest things to do in life is change people's perceptions of you; not that I care what everyone thinks of me mind you, but it has been a constant struggle, even after all these years, to change my family & friends' perception of me

14. I have written several movie screenplays, television pilots and have so many ideas for movies/TV/Books/Short Stories I have lost count...

15. One of the movies I wrote (co-wrote) was actually made into a real, living, breathing entity; the indie movie 9th & Bay with my good friend Nick Lanciano and I co-wrote & appeared in a movie about Philadelphia Eagles fans (yes that's me at the :35 second mark of this clip)

16. I have probably over 500 baseball hats/caps; started collecting in my early teens and have never stopped; wear a hat most days, too...

17. I... like... to... use... an... ellipsis... when... I... write...

18. My favorite meal is my wife's spaghetti & meatballs (used to be mom's - nothing like an Italian mother - but she doesn't cook much these days)

19. I am huge dog lover; can't believe it's been 18 months or so since we had put to our "crocodile" down...

20. There is an old family legend that we are related to the famous author Joseph Conrad of Heart of Darkness fame which may explain why I am a writer for I have never taken a writing  course in my life; in fact I didn't even start to write until I was in my early thirties when I absolutely, unequivocally received an epiphany to write...

Share/Bookmark

1 comment:

ara said...

Good day!
I'm looking for any contact details (email, phone number or mail address)of the website owner or marketing person that I can communicate with for possible business venture on website income opportunities. We are very much interested to do business with you. Please send me an email together with your website name and I'll be glad to call you to discuss this matter.
Thank you

arazeilia@yourmediaguru.com