About the Steve O Zone


Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Take off the training wheels...

**METAPHOR WARNING**

I abhor metaphors as much as the next guy but... a little banality now and then is good for you, right? Or is it a little fiber? 

Anyway...

This past weekend my 5-year old son asked if he could learn to ride his bike without training wheels. I obliged his request and I am happy to report he gets out of the hospital in a few days. 

No, no, no... just kidding. 

At ease there, private...

He actually did quite well considering it was his first time sans training wheels. 

[[inert segue here]]

So I got to thinking... how many of us adults, as it were, still have our training wheels on?

How many of us are still bound by self-imposed chains and limitations?

There's a song by the group The Why Store called Lack of Water and one of the lyrics is "Better get to getting before I get old"...

Think about that line for a second...
To me it says, no SCREAMS don't have any regrets.

You want to do something, try something, experience something... go do it. Cause sooner or later you won't be able to.

Personally, there are many things I want to do that are still bound by my own restrictions. No one's stopping me... other than me.

Do you have any training wheels on?

If you do... 

Better get to getting before you get old...

Til next time.



Share/Bookmark