About the Steve O Zone


Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Inspired by music... again

It's becoming quite obvious that when I am in need of some divine intervention and true inspiration, the Good Lord delivers to me a song. Not to get all biblical and spiritual on you but I truly believe in a higher power and that said deity delivers his or her message via various channels and mediums...

Mine just happens to be music... and I think for a long time I never made the connection. Hey, I am half Polish after all. Sorry, but it's not insulting if you do it to yourself. (and a gold star if you can guess what the other half of me is)...
Back in August I wrote a post which was inspired by Howard Jones' song called New Song... The video for your viewing pleasure...




And today you ask?

Well today my post  is inspired by a song a little more recent... it's called Unwritten by Natasha Bedingfield.

It's lyrics, which were co-written by Danielle Brisebois (do you know who she is? see below...) are amazingly inspirational. 

I've added some comments in RED...

I am unwritten
Can't read my mind
I'm undefined

Aren't we ALL unwritten? Don't we ALL have new stories to write and tell?
And not sure about you but I

am absolutely undefined... just ask my wife :)

I'm just beginning
The pen's in my hand
Ending unplanned

I am about to start on a new (professional) beginning in my life,
the pen is firmly in my
hand and I have no idea
where this will lead and I love it...

Staring at the blank page before you
Open up the dirty window
Let the sun illuminate the words
That you could not find

I have to get some Windex, sorry 'bout that dirty window...

Reaching for something in the distance
So close you can almost taste it
Release your inhibitions
Feel the rain on your skin

"There is something awe-inspiring in one who has lost all inhibitions."
- F. Scott Fitzgerald 

No one else can feel it for you
Only you can let it in
No one else, no one else
Can speak the words on your lips

You have a crappy job, you don't like your boss... boo hoo
Do something about it...
Stop blaming others... 
You and you alone are ultimately responsible
for where life takes you...

Drench yourself in words unspoken
Live your life with arms wide open
Today is where your book begins
The rest is still unwritten

The first line in that stanza is particularly powerful in the context of social media...
My translation is "Be yourself; create your own voice, style and personality... 
Don't use others words... use yours and everything else will take care of itself

I break tradition
Sometimes my tries
Are outside the lines

I won't be happy until ALL of my tries are outside the lines... :)

We've been conditioned
To not make mistakes
But I can't live that way, no

This one perhaps resonated the most with me...
Hell yes I make mistakes, find me someone who hasn't
I am so damn tired of people trying to live up to
standards that are simply not realistic

So there you have it... another musically-inspired post. 

I do hope you liked it, got something from it... if not, that's cool.

Here's the video for Unwritten...


Oh yeah, Danielle Brisebois... some of you may remember her as Stephanie from All in the Family...

While others may remember her as a member of the New Radicals... 




'Til next time,






Share/Bookmark

No comments: