About the Steve O Zone


Wednesday, October 20, 2010

A father's message to his daughter...

I wrote this back in 2002, for my then 3 year old daughter Samantha.

Today she turns 11 and I have no idea where the time went. She's becoming a young lady right before my eyes... but she will ALWAYS be My Baby Girl...

In Your Eyes
©2002 Stephen Paul Olenski

This is for my daughter, whose eyes are the windows to my soul…

In your eyes I see beauty like I have never seen before.
I see brilliant sunsets, the kind you can't ignore.

I see a future so alive and so bright,
It's all there just waiting to take flight.

I see an innocence so pure and so true,
It's what makes you so special,
It's what makes you… you.

I see you growing up way too fast,
I wish you could stay young forever,
I wish these days could last.

I see the teenage years, when you start to date,
I see my hair falling out cause you're getting home late.

I see you going off to school; and off to learn,
I see you needing my help, you’ll know where to turn.

I see you meeting someone who will make your heart skip a beat,
And the same thing happens to him. Ain't it neat?

I see a mature young woman, at your feet lies the world,
But never forget, you'll always be My Baby Girl.

I love you Monkey Girl.
Daddy

Share/Bookmark

No comments: