About the Steve O Zone


Friday, September 12, 2008

The O Zone...

McCain & Judgment Day... Get A Good Seat!

I often wonder what transpires during Judgment Day. You remember Judgment Day, don’t you? That’s when you stand before your maker, confess and answer to all your sins you committed while you were among the living. Of course I certainly hope my own JD, and those of all my friends and family, does not occur for quite some time... But there are some people I would have loved to been a fly on the wall at during their JD.

Imagine the line of questioning The Almighty would pose to people such as...

Elvis.
“E, what’s with the Jungle Room? And bananas and peanut butter? And you know you didn’t have to take EVERY drug EVERY person gave you in the 60s and 70s?”

Hitler.
“Ok, who do we have here...? Hitler, Adolph. My, my, my... You were not very nice, were you? Why did you...? How did you...? Never mind... The South Bound train is that way.... NEXT!”

Tom Brady.
“Geez, I don’t have much to ask you... You had quite the life didn’t you? Super Bowls... Models... Swimming pools...”

Wait a second! Tom Brady is not dead. It just SEEMS that way because of the incessant eulogistic-type, well eulogies that have occurred since the “other” Almighty went down with a season-ending and if you listen to some, league-ending, injury. I apologize for my egregious faux pas.


But what about John McCain? How would his own Judgment Day go down? Again, not wishing ill-will on anyone...

Here’s my take on how the inquiry would occur, and it’s based on the fact that McCain did in fact become our next President, God help us.

“Ok, next we have McCain, John Sidney III. To you sir. I have one question and one question only. Was it worth it? Was it worth it to you that to become President of the United States of America you had to sell your soul? Because that’s precisely what you did. Yes, yes, yes, I know all about your days as a prisoner of war and I could not have been more prouder of anyone than I was of you during those times. The courage and devotion to country you displayed were historic and monumental. In 2000, I saw the same man, I really did. I said to myself ‘here’s one to be very proud of. This guy gets it. He really, truly wants to help people.’ But in 2008, just 8 years later, something happened to that POW. Something changed him. Something and/or someone got to him and made him alter his thinking... Ignore his conscience... Sacrifice his morals... And turn a blind eye to his values.

So my question to you is, was it worth it?

And remember, I don’t know some things. I don’t know many things. I don’t know most things. I know EVERYTHING.”

Of course we know McCain’s answer, whatever it may be, will not sit well with The Almighty and where John McCain ends up for all eternity is anyone’s guess.

Maybe right after McCain’s JD, would come G.W. Bush himself.

“Next we have Bush, George Walker. Oh man, this won’t take long... Let me ask you George, do you burn easily?”

Til next time.

Share/Bookmark

No comments: