About the Steve O Zone


Thursday, November 8, 2007

The State of the NFL...

The Good. The Bad. The REALLY Ugly.

1. Patriots. I know you're shocked, right? Note to Don Shula: Let it go. The Pats could very well go undefeated but that in no way will diminish what your Dolphins accomplished. As far as the Pats going undefeated, at least thru the regular season? Well they sit at 9-0 with games against the Bills, Eagles, Ravens, Steelers, Jets, Dolphins & Giants left on their schedule. A month ago the Ravens game, in Baltimore looked like it could be trouble. Now? In a word: No. The Steelers go to Foxboro in Week 14 which would be interesting as could the last game at the Meadowlands vs. the G-Men. As for the Eagles? Yeah, that's a good one. Early line is Donte Stallworth will outscore the entire Eagles offense.

2. Colts. So they lost to the Pats. Who doesn't?

3. Cowboys. Tough call here between the Boys and the Pack. And now perhaps my friend Dave Roberts (no, not the Channel 6 weatherman) can get off my back for not having his beloved Boys in my Top 5.

4. Packers. I'm not quite sure how they're doing it and I'm not quite sure THEY know how they're doing it. Bottom line: they're doing it.

5. Steelers. I have to admit, I foresaw a bit of a drop off in the post Cowher era. But clearly a healthy Ben Roethlisberger is good to very-good Ben
Roethlisberger.

6. Giants. Raise your hand if you predicted this much success for the Giants this season. You in the back, put your hand down, you did not. You were like the rest of us and saw a 6 win team... maybe. 6 as in 6 TOTAL! Not after 8 games.

7. Titans. Do you think Jeff Fisher can coach just a little? Do you think the Eagles made a mistake by NOT hiring him all those years ago? Ok, I know, revisionist history but nowadays that's all we got !

8. Browns. Are you kidding me? I had to stop myself as I was typing their name in. The Cleveland Browns? Yes Virginia, the Cleveland Browns. If they go into Pittsburgh and beat the Steelers this weekend, not likely, they could vault into the Top 5! What in the name of Brian Sipe is going on here???!!!

9. Saints. I know the Skins have a better record, slightly, but the Sains are certifiably hot. They seemed to have recaptured that magic from last year despite not having Duece McCallister.

10. Skins. Had to put some team here and I'm not a big fan of the next group of teams, so, hail to the Redskins!

11-20. Lions, Chiefs, Jaguars, Ravens, Chargers, Bucs, Seahawks, Bills, Panthers, Vikings,

21+ Eagles, Broncos, Bears, Bengals and how the mighty have fallen when perennially playoff bound teams like these are lumped in with the dreck that is the Raiders, Rams, Texans, Jets, Dolphins, Falcons Niners, & Cardinals.

Til next time.

Share/Bookmark

No comments: