About the Steve O Zone


Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Stuck between a Rock...


Well thank you very much Trevor Hoffman! Thanks to you we will now be facing the only team hotter than the Phils, the Colorado Rockies.

WE INTERRUPT THIS STEVE O DIATRIBE FOR AN IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT.

It has been brought to my attention that there is another Steve O out there who calls/emails the show, apparently someone who has known Jody for years? I became aware of this "other Steve O" from one of my brothers, Joe, who asked me why I wrote this rambling email a few weeks ago on global warming and conspiracy theories.

I told him that it was not I who scribed such a seemingly bizarre dissertation but rather a pretender to the throne... the Steve O Throne. There is one and only one Steve O. The Diatribe Steve O. The ranting coherently (most of the time anyway) Steve O.

So Jody do me an early favor and please make sure you clearly distinguish between me and "that other Steve O."

WE NOW RETURN YOU TO THE STEVE O DIATRIBE ALREADY IN PROGRESS.

So I went to bad last night with visions of Padres dancing in my head only to awaken to the news that this Hoffman guy, who oh by the by, is only the ALL TIME SAVES LEADER in the entire sport!... surrendered 3, count em 3, runs to the Rockies in the 13th inning!

So now we get to see the likes of Holliday & Helton instead of Gonzalez & Greene. Or to put in another way, we get to face .349 & .320 instead of .282 & .254. A little different, huh?

I think the Phils can and will win. Let me get that out of the way. But I would be lying if I said I was not concerned given the shortness of the series. 5 games series' scare the bejeezus out of me. Lose that first game at home and you are instantly in dire straits.

But my pick will be the Phils in 5 with each team holding serve at home.

And if you're interested, you can thank you cards to Trevor Hoffman, c/o San Diego Padres, You Blew It Lane, San Diego, California.

Til next time.

The REAL Steve O

Share/Bookmark

No comments: